Here are some of the reasons behind the latest interest rate reduction:
- GDP is growing but at the slowest rate in 10 years
- Australia is caught up in the global slowdown – US, China &
- Europe are reducing their interest rates
- Despite strong jobs growth – the unemployment rate is 5.2%
But it’s not all bad news and there are plenty of reasons to be positive about Australia’s economic future:
- Owner occupier lending is up – fastest growth since 2015!
- Investor lending has spiked and First Home Buyers are back – taking up 19% of the total market – a 7.5 year high!
- Population growth for the past decade is 370,000 people – up from 217,000 last decade – 70% increase!
- The lower AUD is great for exporters & miners
- The economy is still strong and Australia is nowhere near a recession – despite what the media is saying!
Bluebird Property Partners is a Brisbane-based development management and advisory company, specialising in the delivery of multi-residential and mixed-use projects.